Thursday, April 22, 2010

Update from Hungary

22 April 2010
Kedves,

It appears that the European airspace is now open. This morining there were over 400 planes in the air at 7 am. At the moment I believe all of us will be able to travel.

Yesterday was a nice day, but this morning there is light rain which might clear the air of some of the dust.

The adult classes have gone well. A total of 52 adult students signed up and 44 to 46 have attended all the lessons. The volunteers and students have bonded well and many of the students have asked me for the dates when the next team will be here and will be contacting city hall very soon to sign up.
The volunteers have done such an outstanding job!!!! Please find me at 10 to 12 volunteers for each of the next teams this fall!!!!

One of the students is a friend of Rita's father and he and his daughter have been attending the classes and Rita has told me how pleased they are with the classes. The mayor has accepted my offer to give English lessons to employees of Municipality during working hours which we will start in Sept. In the past he has required them to come to class after the normal work day. This is an example of the increasing degree of acceptance of what we are doing in and for the community.

There are many more stories of a positive nature to report, but I must now go to class with students who I enjoy being with very much and it is a mutual feeling. The students in this class have been so responsive to interacting with me.Ok, story time is over for now.

Take care and I expect to be back in the States on Saturday.

Best wishes,

Milt (Hungary Team Leader)

No comments: